Love Lamb Week!
To celebrate the UK's Love Lamb Week, our Head Butcher Dave has some lamb breast cooking tips to share.
Lamb breast is such a delicious cut and it's really great value for money, but it is often overlooked. Breast is fairly fatty but very flavoursome and works best when cooked slowly so that much of the fat can melt off and be discarded.
Try our Head Butcher, Dave's, easy cooking suggestion:
- Make sure your lamb breast is boned - you may need to ask your butcher to do this for you.
- Well season your lamb breast with salt and pepper.
- Roll tightly and tie with string in three or four places to secure.
If you're purchasing direct from Ruby & White At Home, we've done the above steps for you!
- Place in a roasting pan and cook for 2.5 to 3 hours at 150 degrees.
- Either serve straight away, or let cool and slice in to smaller portions which can be seared in a pan to reheat and add extra flavour whenever you want to serve.
Buy Ruby & White Seasoned, Boned and Rolled Lamb Breast