Falling-off-the-bone pork ribs
The sun is out this week, so we've got the BBQ fired up!
BBQ Pork Ribs
They're one of life's guilty pleasures - meaty ribs, slow cooked to perfection until the meat is falling off the bone and finished on the BBQ for a smoky flavour.
Get your order in for our St Louis pork ribs, an extra meaty belly rib, delivered to your door, and try our cooking suggestion below.
Buy St Louis Pork Ribs
- Unwrap your ribs and pat dry with some paper towel.
- Remove the membrane. This is a thin white layer of translucent tissue, which won't soften during cooking and prevents the rub from properly flavouring the meat. Carefully use a knife to peel up the corner, and the whole membrane should peel away in one piece.
- Make your rub. We've used a couple of teaspoons each of ground cumin, smoky paprika, mustard powder and garlic powder, with some cayenne pepper to taste. Add plenty of salt and cracked pepper, and a few tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix together well.
- Rub both sides of your ribs generously with the seasoning. This will form a delicious 'crust' and help keep the moisture in, so make sure every piece is covered.
- Place in a baking dish, cover loosely with foil, leaving a small gap in the sides.
- Cook in a low oven (about 150°C) for around four hours.
- Brush with your favourite sticky BBQ sauce and sear on the BBQ for a couple of minutes on each side to char and give that wonderful smoky flavour. Slice and serve!
We love ours with a crunchy fresh coleslaw and potato salad.