Half Term Recipes
Keep the kids entertained this half term with some simple recipes you can make together.
Everyone loves a burger on the BBQ!
This recipe is simple to follow and a real crowd pleaser with the little ones as they can get their hands in to mix everything up and shape the patties. If they don't like one of the ingredients, just leave it out.
- Finely dice a small onion
- Add to 500g of Ruby & White minced beef
- Add 1 Tablespoon of tomato ketchup, 1 Tablespoon of Worcester sauce and 1 Tablespoon of honey
- Season with salt and pepper
- Mix well with your hands and shape into four patties (remember to wash your hands before and after!)
- Cook on the BBQ or in a hot pan until cooked through
- Serve on your favourite burger bun, with cheese, salad and sauces
Another fun dish to make while you have the BBQ fired up.
- Soak your skewers for half an hour before using (longer is ok too)
- Dice chicken breast in to chunks
- Mix soy sauce and honey and coat the chicken (you can do this earlier in the day and leave covered in the fridge until you're ready)
- Skewer pieces of chicken, alternating with any veggies the kids will eat - button mushrooms, pepper, courgette, onion. We love pineapple too!
- Grill on the BBQ until the chicken is cooked, turning as each side chars